VW Emissions Fraud Lawsuit
Volkswagen recently admitted to fraudulent emissions testing and falsifying results so that its cars and vehicles would pass state and federal emissions standards. In doing so, the company knowingly sold thousands of cars to consumers under false pretenses. Not only did this violate state and federal regulation, it defrauded thousands of consumers. These individuals may now have a claim against the company.
If you have purchased one of the defective vehicles, there are legal steps you can take against Volkswagen to receive compensation.
Representing Defrauded VW Consumers In Emissions Claims
At Casper, Meadows, Schwartz & Cook, our attorneys are skilled in protecting the legal rights of consumers. We have represented individuals against major corporations, winning the compensation they deserve. If you are an affected Volkswagen owner, call our law offices today for a consultation to learn your rights.
Right now, the models in question include the Volkswagen diesel Jetta, Golf, Passat, Beetle and Touareg, and diesel Audi A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, Q5 and Q7. The company used software in these models that skewed emissions results, allowing the cars to pass legal standards.
- Volkswagen Beetle TDI (2013-2015)
- Volkswagen Beetle Convertible TDI (2013-2015)
- Volkswagen Golf TDI (2010-2015)
- Volkswagen Golf SportWagen TDI (2015)
- Volkswagen Jetta TDI (2009-2014)
- Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI (2009-2014)
- Volkswagen Passat TDI (2012-2015)
- Volkswagen Touareg TDI (2009-2016)
- Audi A3 Diesel (2010-2015)
- Audi A6 Quattro Diesel (2014-2016)
- Audi A7 Quattro Diesel (2014-2016)
- Audi A8/A8L Diesel (2014-2016)
- Audi Q5 Diesel (2014-2016)
- Audi Q7 Diesel (2009-2016)
- Porsche Cayenne Diesel (2014-2016)
Since Volkswagen acted knowingly, it is likely that the courts will award punitive damages. This means that the awards to consumers will go beyond what it would cost to just compensate them.
Our lawyers are working to proactively start the claims process on behalf of Volkswagen and Audi owners. We will help you understand your options, including joining a class action lawsuit, and the steps we will take to achieve compensation or punitive damages against the company.