Attorney Andrew Schwartz
Walnut Creek Personal Injury Attorney
For more than four decades, Attorney Andrew Schwartz has practiced law in Contra Costa County and the surrounding areas. Attorney Schwartz is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and is Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. In addition, Attorney Schwartz served as co-lead counsel in Nguyen v. Xu, a case that resulted in a $13.7 million jury verdict.
After obtaining his B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Bridgeport in 1970, he went on to graduate from the University of San Francisco School of Law in 1975 with his J.D.. He immediately was admitted to the Federal and California Bars that same year. He was also admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court in 1979.
Attorney Schwartz has served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Alameda/Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association as well as the Contra Costa County Legal Services Foundation. He is also Chairman of the Contra Costa Superior Court’s ADR Committee.
Consistently selected to the Northern California Super Lawyers, Attorney Schwartz is also an AV rated lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell!
Areas of Practice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 1975
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1975
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1975
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1975
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1979
- Contributor - CLOSING ARGUMENT, THE ART AND THE LAW, Callaghan's Trial Practice Series, Jacob A. Stein, Thomson-West, Section 374.50, 2003
University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 1975
University of Bridgeport
- B.S. - 1970
- Major: Business Administration
Honors and Awards
- Northern California Super Lawyers®, 2004 - 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Certified Civil Trial Advocates, Member, 1999 - Present
- Contra Costa County Bar Association, Chairman, ADR Committee, 1993 - 1994
- State Bar of California, Member
- Alameda-Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association, Board Member, 1989 - 1992
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)