Nick Casper is a Managing Partner at Casper, Meadows, Schwartz & Cook, where he has worked since 2007. As a plaintiffs' attorney, Nick has been an active participant in the litigation of many of the firm’s largest cases. These cases involved wrongful death, catastrophic injury, products liability, child sexual abuse, and civil rights violations.
Most recently, Nick obtained settlements of $9 million in a premises liability case and $3.2 million in a truck-vs.-pedestrian death of a senior citizen. Nick has been lead trial counsel in five civil jury trials in both state and federal court.
He was named to the Top 100 Northern California Super Lawyers in 2020 and has been named to the Northern California Super Lawyers list every year since 2017. He was on the Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars list 2013-2016. He was the Board President of the Contra Costa County Bar Association in 2015 and served on the CCCBA Board of Directors from 2011-2016 and 2019.
Memberships & Associations
In 2015, Nick was the Board President of the Contra Costa County Bar Association and served on the CCCBA Board of Directors from 2011-2016. Prior to that, Nick served as the Chair of the Contra Costa Barristers for two years. He has been on the Board of Governors of the Alameda-Contra Costa Trial Lawyers’ Association since 2010.
In 2001, Nick graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles with a B.A. in Political Science. He went on to attend the University of San Francisco School of Law. During his time there, he received an award for Best Oral Argument in Moot Court as well as the CALI Award for Excellence in Legal Research & Writing. Previously, Nick also served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Mark Simons of California’s First District Court of Appeal.
Areas of Practice
- Wrongful Death
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Police Misconduct
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Products Liability
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2008
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2007
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2007
- California, 2006
“After my mother and I got in a car accident that left us with injuries we were referred to Nick Casper at Casper, Meadows, Schwartz & Cook. Nick’s help was one of the best decisions we’ve ever made. Nick was there for us from beginning to end. We appreciate everything he had done for us during the entire process. He made sure he took care of us, handled everything professionally, and had great communication with both my mother and I during the entire process.” -Camille R.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California - 2006
University of California, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. – 2001
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Top 100 Northern California Super Lawyers 2020
- Northern California Super Lawyer 2017-present
- Super Lawyers Northern California - Rising Stars 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Contra Costa County Association, Board President, 2015
- Contra Costa County Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2011 - 2016, 2019
- Alameda Contra Costa Trial Lawyers’ Association, Board of Governors, 2010 - 2019
- Consumer Attorneys of California, New Lawyers Division Treasure, 2010
- Contra Costa County Barristers Association, Chairperson, 2009 & 2010
- State Bar of California, Member, 2006 - Present