Attorney Adam M. Carlson is managing partner at Casper, Meadows, Schwartz & Cook. While he is skilled in various areas of law, he focuses the majority of his practice on serious injury cases, wrongful death and civil rights. While he has extensive experience handling all types of cases involving serious injury or wrongful death, he also specializes in premises and products liability matters. He believes that tailoring each case to each client’s needs is key to providing aggressive and compassionate legal representation.
In 2021-22, Carlson organized one of the most comprehensive trial strategy education series for attorneys in the Contra Costa County Bar Association. The series spanned over eight months and covered all aspects of litigation, from the initial lawsuit pleadings to the effective presentation of trial exhibits. He was nominated by members of the litigation section to lead this series due to his extensive experience with trials and his expertise in all aspects of civil litigation.
Before joining the firm, Carlson served as an intake assistant for our team, where he was responsible for fielding calls from potential clients. It was at this time that Carlson decided he wanted to do more. He found that he was passionate about helping individuals who suffered injuries and illness due to another person’s negligence, recklessness, or carelessness. After this realization, he enrolled in law school, where he pursued his passion for helping others facing serious and difficult legal matters.
Prior to committing his life to legal work, Carlson attended Middlebury College where he completed his undergraduate coursework. Upon the completion of his undergraduate studies, he enrolled at the University of San Francisco School of Law where he achieved his Juris Doctorate. Following law school Carlson spent several years as a dedicated attorney for the Alameda County Public Defender’s Office before joining our team. Currently, he holds memberships in various associations, including the State Bar of California, the US District Court Northern District of California, the US District Court Eastern District of California, the Earl Warren American Inn of Court, the Contra Costa County Bar Association, the Alameda-Contra Costa County Trial Lawyers Association, and the Consumer Attorneys of California.
When Carlson is not practicing law, he can be found competing as an elite amateur in triathlons. Triathlons are an important part of his life as they allow him to empathize with clients who are deprived of their livelihood when injured.
- Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- Wrongful Death
- Auto and Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Civil Rights
- Product Liability
- Premises Liability
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States Court of Appeal for the Ninth Circuit
- California, 2008
- Social Media as Evidence, Contra Costa Lawyer Magazine, March 2022 Issue
- Interview with Adam Carlson, Triathlete; Contra Costa Lawyer Magazine, August 2017 Issue
- Assumption of Risk: You Knew This Could Happen; Contra Costa Lawyer Magazine, August 2017 Issue
“I went to Adam Carlson at Casper, Meadows, Schwartz & Cook following a pretty severe auto accident where the other driver was clearly at fault. Their insurance company was not very cooperative so I sought professional advice. Adam walked me through the whole process, explaining how things would progress, etc. so I knew what to expect. The staff there at the office is very professional and helpful. Overall, the full settlement amount was more than I had ever expected and the costs and fees were below the original estimates. Financially it was a very good decision to work with Adam. Overall, my experience with Adam at Casper, Meadows, Schwartz & Cook was VERY positive and I would highly recommend them to anyone needing legal help.” -Ben D.
University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 2008
Middlebury College, Middlebury, Vermont
- B.A. - 2004
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Northern California - Rising Stars 2015-2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
Contra Costa County Bar Association
- Member 2013-Present
- Litigation Section Board Member 2020-Present
- Education Committee Board Member 2022-Present
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Alameda Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association
Earl Warren Inn of Court
- Member 2015-Present
- Board Member 2019-Present
- Mentorship Co-Chair 2020-2022
- President-Elect 2022-23
- President 2023-24
American Inns of Court National Organization
- Multiple Times Winner of Best Program Award
- Outstanding Program Recipient at the Celebration of Excellence Dinner at the United States Supreme Court 2018-19