In 1973, Attorney Stan Casper obtained his J.D. from the University of
California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall. The same year, he was admitted to the
California State and Federal Bars. In 1977, he was admitted to practice
in the U.S. Supreme Court.
Attorney Casper is a past President of the Contra County Bar Association.
In addition, he is Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National
Board of Trial Advocacy. Formerly an instructor in “Trial Practice”
at Boalt Hall, Attorney Casper continues to lecture to practicing attorneys.
He is a founding partner of Casper, Meadows, Schwartz & Cook, a firm
with more than 40 years of experience in the representation of clients
who have been injured due to the negligence of others. As a partner, Attorney
Casper has decades of experience in handling a wide variety of personal
injury cases and in obtaining successful results on behalf of his clients.
Attorney Casper currently advises Casper, Meadows, Schwartz & Cook
on the firm’s cases in an ‘of counsel’ capacity.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 1973
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1974
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1977
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1977
University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, Berkeley,
- Instructor, Trial Practice, Boalt Hall School of Law, 1985 - 1987
Honors and Awards
- Northern California Super Lawyers, 2004 - 2020
- Judge Pro Tem, 1980 - Present
- Government, Cornell University, Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Fellow, 1974-1975
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Contra Costa County Bar Association, President, 1983 - Present
- State Bar of California, Member
- Contra Costa Barristers Association, Member, Board of Directors, 1979 - 1984
- Contra Costa Barristers Association, President, 1982 - 1983
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member