San Ramon Car Accident Attorneys
Legal Counsel After Devastating Car Accidents
Were you in a car accident that left you catastrophically injured? The automobile insurance company that insures the other driver will actively try to prevent you from getting compensated.
To pursue fair compensation with confidence, you should team up with our San Ramon car accident lawyers from Casper, Meadows, Schwartz & Cook. We have been fighting insurance companies for decades, so we know the usual tactics they try, as well as some of the less common strategies their defense attorneys might employ. If you want to demand compensation but don’t want to deal with all the troubles that can come with a typical legal process, then you should leave your car accident case in our hands.
On This Page:
- Causes of Car Accidents
- Is Your Car Accident Claim Valuable?
- What Are Considered Serious Injuries In a Car Accident?
- What Is the California Car Accident Statute of Limitations?
- Get Help Today
Car accidents are often caused by the following conduct:
- Driving while intoxicated: Drunk drivers are unable to drive safely, even after having just one drink. Even a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level of 0.02 is enough to affect someone’s ability to drive.
- Distracted driving: Driver distraction has always been an issue, but it has gotten noticeably worse in recent years as more and more drivers possess smartphones. Checking a text message for just a few seconds can cause a devastating crash.
- Speeding: Driving more than the posted speed limit is inherently dangerous because speed limits are carefully chosen to match the typical traffic, road, and weather conditions of the area.
- Unsafe lane changes: Merging, turning, and changing lanes without looking in the blind spot and the mirror is disastrous, yet many drivers make this mistake.
Part of our work as your chosen San Ramon car accident attorneys will be to investigate the situation leading up to your car accident to uncover the cause of it. Evidence can sometimes be found in unexpected places. For example, we might be able to talk to store owners of adjacent properties to see if they have security camera footage that captured your accident.
When you are in an accident that is not your fault, you should be paid for the damages that result from it. The total sum of your damages is the overall value of your car accident claim. We want to make certain that you are able to secure the most compensation possible, which means calculating each damage meticulously. Let’s go for every dollar owed to you and leave nothing unclaimed.
The value of your car accident claim will factor in these damages and more:
- Vehicular repair costs
- Medical bills, past and future
- Medical care
- Lost wages
- Permanent disabilities
- Pain and suffering
We are a law firm that delivers big law firm power but with small law firm personability. To make sure that all of our clients are given the time and attention that they need to succeed, we take a limited number of cases at a time, allowing us focus our efforts on car accident cases involving catastrophic, life-changing injuries. Let us know if you suffered a head, back, or neck injury in your crash, or any other serious injury.
A serious car accident injury is anything that has a long-term or serious impact on your life following the accident. This may be permanent injuries or serious injuries that take a long period of time to heal. Some of the most common traumatic injuries that occur in car accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck or back injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Permanent disfigurement or scarring
- Wrongful death
A "statute of limitations" refers to the laws regulating how long after your accident you can pursue a personal injury lawsuit. In California, you may file a lawsuit for your car accident injuries for up to 2 years after the date of your accident. If you wait over 2 years to file a lawsuit your case will be dismissed by the court and you will be left without compensation. There are a few exceptions to this rule; for example, minors who are injured have the time limit extended until they reach the age of 18, at that point the clock starts ticking for the 2 year timeframe.
Don’t leave your car accident claim on the desk of a law firm that doesn’t know how to properly manage it. Instead, count on our highly experienced and reputable car accident attorneys in San Ramon. We’re here to make certain that your case has a strong chance of success, even when going up against huge insurance corporations.