Concord Personal Injury Attorneys
Fighting for the Rights of Wrongfully Injured Clients in East Bay
Have you recently been injured due to the conduct of another party? You may be able to file a personal injury and receive compensation to cover your accident-related expenses. At Casper, Meadows, Schwartz & Cook, we have spent decades advocating for the rights of wrongfully injured Californians in the Concord area. Instead of suffering the pain and stress of an unexpected injury alone, let our team of experienced personal injury lawyers help you file your claim, build you a case, and fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
Personal injury claims tend to involve serious injuries such as:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spine and spinal cord injury
- Back and neck injury
- Internal trauma
- Loss of limb
- Burn injury
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Wrongful death
- Injuries resulting in hospitalization and/or surgery
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured as a result of someone else’s conduct, including unintentional conduct, call (925) 275-5592 or contact us online to discuss your legal options during a free consultation.
Injury Statistics in the United States
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), accidents and unintentional injuries were the third leading cause of death in the United States in the year 2019.
The CDC also reports:
- Unintentional injuries are the leading cause of death for Americans aged 44 years and under.
- Falls and traffic accidents are two major causes of unintentional injury deaths.
- In 2019, approximately 63,000 Americans died as the result of an unintentional injury.
- There were 24.5 million emergency room visits related to unintentional injuries in 2018.
Personal Injury Claims Our Firm Handles
At Casper, Meadows, Schwartz & Cook, we handle a broad range of personal injury claims, including those involving:
- Aviation accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Boat accidents
- Bus accidents
- Car accidents
- Catastrophic injuries
- Construction accidents
- Dog bites
- Elder abuse
- Electrocution accidents
- Industrial accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability
- Products liability
- Recreation accidents
- Truck accidents
- Wrongful death
What Damages Can You Get for Personal Injury Claims?
If you have been wrongfully injured by a third party, you should be entitled to receive compensation for your accident-related expenses from the at fault party. These typically include:
- Medical expenses: Any medical care, treatment, medication, and equipment necessary for your recovery should be covered. This includes hospitalization costs, surgeries, physical therapy, ongoing care, and more. We will fight to obtain compensation for any potential future medical expenses that be needed as well.
- Lost wages: If you are forced to take time off of work—or even quit your job entirely—in order to heal from your injuries, we will seek compensation to cover any income you normally would have made were you able to continue working.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering is a category of non-economic damages that covers losses that don’t have a price tag. These may include physical and mental pain and anguish you have suffered due to your wrongful injury. These damages depend on the nature and severity of the injury. The more severe and long term the injury, the higher pain and suffering damages will likely be.
- Property damage repair/replacement: If any of your property was damaged in the accident—a vehicle, cell phone, expensive watches or jewelry, etc.—you have the right to seek compensation to repair or replace your lost items.
- Other necessary expenses: By saving all receipts, bills, and other documentation related to your accident and recovery, you may be able to recover damages for other expenses. These vary on a case-by-case basis but may include reimbursement for transportation and other relevant costs.
An attorney will help you determine which of the above apply to you as well as how much you are eligible to receive.
What Is Needed for a Successful Personal Injury Claim?
Solid grounds for a filing a personal injury lawsuit include the following:
- Proof that the other party owed you a duty of care, meaning they had a responsibility to act in a manner that didn't put you in danger or cause you injury
- Proof that the other party breached that duty of care by acting in a negligent or intentionally dangerous manner
- Proof that you were injured as a result of their negligence and that you suffered specific damages (either economic or non-economic) as a result of their actions
If you are able to present the above elements before a judge, the odds are your personal injury case will be resolved favorably.
Call Now to Schedule Your Free Consultation
If you believe another party’s conduct led to your injury, contact a personal injury lawyer near you right away to discuss your legal rights and options. At Casper, Meadows, Schwartz & Cook, we offer no cost, no obligation consultations to all potential clients who wish to discuss their case. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our firm for the representation you deserve.
Call (925) 275-5592 or contact us online to get started with a free case evaluation.
If you have suffered a serious injury in an accident or believe you have
a wrongful death claim, contact our Walnut Creek law firm.
No Fee Unless There's a Recovery
Over $375 Million Recovered for Our Clients
Full-Service Personal Injury Firm
Free Case Evaluations, No Fee Unless There's a Recovery
Life-Changing Compensation for Life-Changing Injuries
Voted Best Attorneys in Northern California