Danville Truck Accident Lawyers
Representation for the Catastrophically Injured
At Casper, Meadows, Schwartz & Cook, our attorneys accept catastrophic injury and death claims for clients in need, including those who have been hit by a commercial truck. If you or a loved one was struck by a big-rig or other commercial vehicle, contact our experienced attorneys as soon as possible. You could be owed significant financial compensation for your losses, including medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Our Past Truck Accident Successes
Our firm has secured multiple multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements for clients who were victims of truck accidents.
Noteworthy case results we have secured include:
- $13.7 million: Three families affected by a fatal trucking accident
- $8.3 million: 40-year-old man hit by a negligent truck driver
- $5.37 million: Elderly individual rear-ended by a truck
- $3.2 million: Fatal truck accident involving a pedestrian
Causes of Truck Accidents
Our legal team has spent decades working on complex truck accident cases that involve catastrophic, life-changing injuries or death. We bring those decades of experience into every trucking case, while recognizing that each case and client is unique. Our client-centric approach, combined with our experience and resources, increases the chances of a successful outcome on all of our cases.
Our investigation might reveal the cause of your truck accident to be:
- Truck driver intoxication
- Unsafe truck lane changes or merges
- Speeding truck driver
- Truck driver exhaustion
- Defective truck parts or defective maintenance
- Overloaded tractor-trailer
When looking into the cause of your truck accident, our Danville truck accident attorneys often work with outside experts with specialized knowledge of the trucking industry. For example, accident reconstruction experts can lend invaluable insight into how a crash happened and why, while a trucking expert may help explain how the truck driver or trucking company failed to adhere to the laws or industry standards. We do not cut corners when it comes to building our clients’ cases.
FMCSA Regulation Violations
At the center of many truck accidents are federal regulation violations by the truck drivers. Specifically, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations contain a set of rules that truck drivers and trucking companies must follow at all times. The regulations are designed to keep people safe when on the road around commercial trucks. As such, violating an FMCSA regulation can put people in unreasonable and otherwise avoidable danger.
Examples of important FMCSA regulations include:
- Hours of service regulations that limit how many hours a truck driver can work in a day or week.
- Vehicle weight regulations that limit how heavy the total weight of a truck can be.
- Maintenance and inspection regulations that require trucks to receive routine service.
- Speed regulations that limit how quickly a truck can travel along certain roads and highways.
If we can uncover that the truck driver did something that violated an FMCSA regulation, then it could be a solid starting point for proving liability.
Discuss Your Case with Our Winning Team Today
Our truck accident attorneys in Danville are proud to have served the greater Bay Area with excellence since 1979, recovering over $375 million for injured victims. We have the extensive knowledge, resources and experience to take on complex cases, such as truck accident cases.